Monday, July 23, 2007

Mr Wang's blog on Christianity and TAR (part 1)

Well, you can read the comments published in Mr Wang's blog.

I love a healthy debate. At the end of the day, it isn't a matter of right and wrong. Everyone has a choice. :)

---
This part where I respond to Mr Wang's comments:

Hi Mr Wang & ~[z][x]~
This discussion can get long, ardous and theological. I have no intention to lead this to a heated debate about the Christian faith for I'm certain this is not Mr Wang's intention. I am also not here to convince or convert anyone. To each individual person, whatever you believe is your choice and I respect your decision.

This will be my last reply. If anyone wants to continue, do so at my blog. I’m most happy to discuss further.

Now back to some points I want to highlight.

>Mr Wang wrote:
"In other words, if you deeply believe something (whatever that something may be), then it will appear in your reality. And faith is simply another word for "deep belief".

In other words, if you deeply believe that you are going to receive X because you asked God for it, then yes, X will appear in your reality."

>Kaffein reply:
There is a difference between Christian faith and personal faith.

*** Christian faith NOT equal Deep belief ***

To put it simply, Christian faith is "when I see God's faithfulness through Jesus Christ, God sees my faith". I cannot, therefore God can.

Deep belief doesn't move God's hand. Many of the Pharisees in Jesus time had a deep belief in God and their laws. But God was not moved by their efforts. Nor was He impressed.

So I disagree with trying to put personal belief with the Christian faith. It's totally opposite. The more you trust in yourself, the more God steps back. I'm not sure if many understand this part.

However if you are saying in the capacity in personal belief and motivation, I agree totally. What I belief can somewhat affect how I want the outcom to be. That's one of the basis of positive thinking, motivation.

> Mr Wang Says So said...
Kaffein wrote: "I repeat, always. In other words, my prayers are always answered."

.... sure, I have no difficulties with that. If you have been following my previous posts, you would know that. Thoughts affect reality; and deep thoughts affect reality deeply.

In other words, if you deeply believe something (whatever that something may be), then it will appear in your reality. And faith is simply another word for "deep belief".

In other words, if you deeply believe that you are going to receive X because you asked God for it, then yes, X will appear in your reality.

> Kaffein:
Again if you say this in a personal capacity by my effort or strength and thoughts, whatever a man puts his mind, his hands and believe in it, I'm sure it will come to pass.

However, with the God of the Christian faith, it is quite the opposite. This is what I wish to communicate. The more one trusts in his works and self-beliefs, the more God withdraws. yes you can achieve, but you will have to sustain it. It is those who say I cannot that God says I can. And He will.

As for the Father-earthly parenting, all I'm saying is God is NOT like us. We, earthly parents, can be selfish in our desires and think best for our children. However God is far from it. And God always gives us the free choice to choose our wants and desires (be it selfish or magnanimous).

And yes God has his own personality and ideas. However He does not impose them upon you. The choice is up to you.

... now to reply to ZX's comments.

Cheers,
Kaffein

No comments: